AABBA is an intellectual open group of scientists collaborating on development and applications of models of human spatial hearing
AABBA's goal is to promote exploration and development of binaural and spatial models and their applications.
AABBA members are academic scientists willing to participate in our activities. We meet annually for an open discussion and progress presentation, especially encouraging to bring in students and young scientists associated with members’ projects to our meetings. Our activities consolidate in joint publications and special sessions at international conferences. As a relevant tangible outcome, we provide validated (source) codes for published models of binaural and spatial hearing to our collection of auditory models, known as the auditory modeling toolbox (AMT).
Executive board: Piotr Majdak, Armin Kohlrausch, Ville Pulkki
- Aachen: Janina Fels, ITA, RWTH Aachen
- Bochum: Dorothea Kolossa & Jens Blauert, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Cardiff: John Culling, School of Psychology, Cardiff University
- Copenhagen: Torsten Dau & Tobias May, DTU, Lyngby
- Dresden: Ercan Altinsoy, TU Dresden
- Ghent: Sarah Verhulst, Ghent University
- Guangzhou: Bosun Xie, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou
- Helsinki: Ville Pulkki & Nelli Salminen, Aalto University
- Ilmenau: Alexander Raake, TU Ilmenau
- Kosice: Norbert Kopčo, Safarik University, Košice
- Lyon: Mathieu Lavandier, Université de Lyon
- Munich I: Werner Hemmert, TUM München
- Munich II: Bernhard Seeber, TUM München
- Oldenburg: Bernd Meyer, Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg
- Oldenburg-Eindhoven: Steven van de Par & Armin Kohlrausch, Universität Oldenburg
- Patras: John Mourjopoulos, University of Patras
- Rostock: Sascha Spors, Universität Rostock
- Sheffield: Guy Brown, The University of Sheffield
- Tabriz: Masoud Geravanchizadeh, University of Tabriz
- Toulouse: Patrick Danès, Université de Toulouse
- Troy: Jonas Braasch, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy
- Vienna: Bernhard Laback & Robert Baumgartner, Austrian Academy of Sciences, Wien
- The AMT (Umbrella Project): Piotr Majdak
Annual meetings are held at the beginning of each year:
- 12th meeting: 16-17 January 2020, Vienna.
- 11th meeting: 19-20 February 2019, Vienna. Schedule.
- 10th meeting: 30-31 January 2018, Vienna. Schedule. Group photo.
- 9th meeting: 27-28 February 2017, Vienna. Schedule.
- 8th meeting: 21-22 January 2016, Vienna. Schedule.
- 7th meeting: 22-23 February 2015, Berlin.
- 6th meeting: 17-18 February 2014, Berlin.
- 5th meeting: 24-25 January 2013, Berlin.
- 4th meeting: 19-20 January 2012, Berlin.
- 3rd meeting: 13-14 January 2011, Berlin.
- 2nd meeting: 29-30 September 2009, Bochum.
- 1st meeting: 23-26 March 2009, Rotterdam.
- Upcoming: Special Session "Binaural models: development and applications" at the ICA 2019, Aachen.
- Special Session "Models and reproducible research" at the Acoustics'17 (EAA/ASA) 2017, Boston.
- Structured Session "Applied Binaural Signal Processing" at the Forum Acusticum 2014, Krakòw.
- Structured Session "The Technology of Binaural Listening & Understanding" at the ICA 2016, Buenos Aires.
Contact person: Piotr Majdak