S_TOOLS-STx is an acoustic speech and signal processing application for Windows.The software is actively being developed at the Acoustics Research Institute in Vienna, and is used in a variety of acoustic fields around the world. For non-commercial, scientific and educational purposes, we offer S_TOOLS-STx free for download.
S_TOOLS-STx incorporates a sophisticated sound analysis and signal processing package:
- frequency analysis based on Fast Fourier Transformations (FFT)
- spectrum estimation methods, e.g. autoregressive (AR), Pseudo-Wigner distribution
- fundamental frequency and formant frequency extraction, e.g. cepstrum, linear predictive coding (LPC)
- digital filtering
S_TOOLS-STx can display signal analysis in the following forms:
- waterfall plot
- function plot
All functionality available in S_TOOLS-STx is also available in a dedicated programming language. Additional applications can be easily programmed in this language (either by the end user, or the Institute). S_TOOLS-STx also includes a command line interpreter and a sophisticated debugger. Using script file programs, S_TOOLS-STx can be used in batch mode for:
- automated sound analysis procedures
- interactive experiments
- test designs
- automated signal and process control.
For a list of available functions and commands, along with the complete syntax of the scripting language see the STx Script Programmer's Handbook. S_TOOLS-STx comes with a large number of example script programs.
S_TOOLS-STx supports the following protocols from within the scripting language:
- TCP/IP (TCP/UDP)
An S_TOOLS-STx/DDE/DCOM demo application is currently available for Microsoft Excel and the statistics software package "R".
- creates, imports and exports MS Windows WAVE files.
- runs on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and under Wine.
- stores its metadata in XML files.
S_TOOLS-STx metadata format (segment addresses, attributes and parameters) is compatible with archiving systems and requirements, since it is stored in an additional file alongside the original wave file.These files can easily be imported into an archiving database system.
S_TOOLS-STx provides tools for digitization of sound, single or multi (up to 128) channel signal recorder, 16/24 bit, sampling frequencies depending on audio hardware; analogue to digital transfer.
- Next >>