interim Group Leader
Tel. +43 1 51581-2508
Michael Pucher obtained his doctoral degree (Dr.techn.) in Electrical and Information Engineering from Graz University of Technology in 2007. In 2017 he received the venia docendi in Speech Communication at Graz University of Technology with a habilitation thesis on Speech Processing for Multimodal and Adaptive Systems. He holds a master degree (Dipl.-Ing.) in Computer Science from Vienna University of Technology (TUW) and a diploma degree (Mag.phil.) in philosophy from University of Vienna. From 2007 to 2015 he was Senior Researcher at the Telecommunications Research Center Vienna (FTW). Since 2016 he is Senior Research Scientist at the Acoustics Research Institute (ARI) of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (ÖAW).
During the last years his work was focused on the improvement of state-of-the-art speech synthesis technologies for the synthesis of language varieties and audio-visual speech. He has also made significant contributions in the area of speaker verification spoofing, where he showed how adaptive synthesizers can spoof a speaker verification system. Currently he is working on sociophonetics, articulatory modeling, synthesis of animal vocalizations, and synthesis of singing speech. More information and all publications can be found on http://sociolectix.org.
- WS 2018/2019: Seminar on Selected Topics Signal, Biosignal and Speech Processing at Signal Processing and Speech Communication Laboratory at Graz University of Technology
- SS 2013 to 2017 Lecture on Cognitive User Interfaces at Institute of Computer Languages at Vienna University of Technology.
- WS 2011 to 2016 Lecture on Computational Semantics at Institute of Computer Languages at Vienna University of Technology.
- Organizing committee member of the 10th ISCA Speech Synthesis Workshop (SSW10) in 2019 in Vienna, Austria
- Workshop in Gedenken an Sylvia Moosmüller (1954 - 2018) in 2019 in Wien, Österreich
- Area chair for Speech Synthesis and Spoken Language Generation of INTERSPEECH 2015.