within the research group “Mathematics and Signal Processing for Acoustics”
The Acoustics Research Institute of the Austrian Academy of Sciences is looking for candidates for a full-time PostDoc research position within the research group “Mathematics and Signal Processing for Acoustics”.
The Acoustics Research Institute (ARI) is an interdisciplinary research institution of the Austrian Academy of Sciences. A multidisciplinary approach is necessary for frontier research in acoustics. The Acoustics Research Institute undertakes top-level research in psychoacoustics and experimental audiology; acoustics phonetics; physical and computational acoustics; and mathematics and signal processing. The close interaction between the working groups at the institute allow innovative research approaches based on the synergy effects of multidisciplinary research as well as concepts that stimulate the individual research fields. ARI employs approximately 40 academic, technical and administrative staff.
We are now looking for a PostDoc candidate, who will be incorporated in the “Mathematics and Signal Processing for Acoustics”-group and will work closely together with the other members under the guidance of Dr. Georg Tauböck and Doz. Dr. Peter Balazs. (S)he will also work closely together with the other working groups of the institute in a multi-disciplinary research context. This is a research position, no teaching duties are involved.
Applicants are required to show:
- Experience in the following topics: 1. Time-frequency analysis, 2. Determinantal point process theory, 3. Statistical physics, 4. Signal processing, 5. Complex analysis
- Openness to the following topics: 1. Audio signal restoration, 2. Localization of sound sources, 3. Underwater acoustic communications, 4. Information theory, 5. Compressive sensing
- a doctoral degree or an equivalent education in mathematics
- the desire to do interdisciplinary research, touching not only the above-mentioned fields, but also other disciplines such as: psychoacoustics, computational acoustics, speech processing etc.
- the ability to carry out research work independently as well as cooperatively
This PostDoc position is available from 01.09.2017 and will be offered until 28.02.2018. According to the Collective Agreement of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, the gross salary will be EUR 41.582,80 per year with the possibility of overpayment depending on the qualification of the applicant. Applications will be screened from 01.07.2017 until the position is filled.
Applicants should submit a letter of application (expressing their interest and their particular fitting to this position), their curriculum vitae, and a list of publications:
Institut für Schallforschung
Wohllebengasse 12-14, 1st Floor
A-1040 Wien, Austria
The Austrian Academy of Sciences is an equal-opportunity employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.