Jump to navigation Jump to search
Convert all elements of x from Hertz to Bark and vice versa.
- a scalar, vector or matrix
- The result r has the same type as x and contains the converted elements of x.
- Uses the algorithm published by Zwicker and Fastl (1990) to convert frequencies from Hz to Bark:
- ri,j = 13 * atan(0.76*xi,j/1000) + 3.5 * atan((xi,j/7500)^2)
- Because the above formula is not directly invertable, an iteration algorithm is used to convert the xi,j from Bark to the result ri,j in Hz.
- Note: Both functions are also available in the expressions used in the NUM and INT command.
- See also
- hz2mel, mel2hz, hz2erb, erb2hz, hz2cent, cent2hz, hth, lin2log, log2lin