Jump to navigation Jump to search
NEW itemtype itemname [ /I ] [ /U|/u ] [ /G ] [ /Z ] [ createargs [ createopts ] ]
NEW command creates a new shell item of the type itemtype and named itemname.
- The type of the new shell item. This must be unique (in the item namespace of a shell).
- The name of the new shell item. If this argument is set to the character *, the name is choosen automatically.
- Arguments specifying parameters for the initialization of the new item. The format and meaning of these arguments are depending on the type of the new shell item.
- Enable silent error reporting. If specified,
NEWwill generate a warning rather than an error if arguments are missing or it is unable create the new item.
- Garbage collection. If specified, a temporary (or local) item created, which is automatically deleted when exiting the macro.
- If specified, the global item protection is enabled. This means all items created before this item (called the protection-master) are proteced from being deleted, until the global item protection is disabled, which is done by deleting the protection-master). Protected items can only be deleted using a special option of the delete command. Note: This option is case-sensitive.
- If specified, the created item protected from being deleted. , until the global item protection is disabled, which is done by deleting the protection-master). Note: This option is case-sensitive.