STx implements a powerful scripting language and a signal processing language. This document will try to give you the necessary information to program your own applications.(but see *)
Scripts can be used to implement:
- simple processing lists, calling standard STx signal processing applications
- signal processing applications (like the Spectrogram & Parameters Viewer)
- complex database operations on the STx DataSet
- in fact, everything you see in STx can be programmed in the scripting language
- actually, everything you see in STx is programmed in the scripting language
- I too do know that, contrary to its claims, such a short article cannot, and will not, give anyone the necessary information to program their own STx applications. For this reason, allow me to refer you to the following articles I found much more helpful:
- [[Programmer_Guide/STx_Guru|Becoming an STx guru}}: this is the canonical, because only, introductory manual with some inner structure. If you have to learn STx programming - start here!
- Introduction: I think that the writer of this article might also have had intentions to provide an introduction to STx. The article stops short of introducing more than a few STx concepts, though.
<splist parent= sort=asc sortby=title showpath=no liststyle=unordered kidsonly=yes >